Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world’s largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Louisville Slugger, DeMarini, ATEC, Enve, Peak Performance and Arc’Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor’s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world’s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold’s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
- Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes)
- Strength Training Systems
- Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
- Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
- Rewards and recognition for superior performance
- Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people’s lives
- Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
- Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
What You’ll Do
About this role:
The Senior Credit Specialist will assist with all aspects of the credit approval process for new and existing customers per established policies, practices, and procedures. We are seeking a result that will maximize sales, produce sound receivables, and the prompt conversion of receivables into cash with a minimum of past due accounts. This is performed with a level of credit approval authority.
The Senior Credit Specialist should have strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities. The incumbent works continuously to reduce aging receivables for assigned strategic accounts and inform all impacted parties of the status of collection efforts throughout the process. The Senior Credit Specialist reports to the Senior Global Credit Manager and interacts extensively with customers, sales team, customer service, accounting, Amer Financial Shared Services (“AFSS”), and logistics personnel. The Senior Credit Specialist acts as the department lead during the absence of the Senior Global Credit Manager.
You will be responsible for: Strategic accounts, including leasing, government, and international account departmental backup / New account and existing account credit line reviews / Order Approvals and Collections
- Manage order activity, disputes, and collections for strategic account portfolio assignments
- Approve lease orders, to ensure final purchase orders have been received, confirm financial standing of the leasing company is acceptable, and verify state sales tax requirements have been met
- Perform collection and reconciliation work on strategic, leasing and government receivables and document all customer interactions in SAP
- Review government account documentation to ensure Precor compliance and manage the collection of payments promptly
- Approve government orders, ensure final purchase orders have been received and other documentation is in compliance with customer requirements
- Manage PO and invoicing requirements through customer portals
- Work with various forms of international trade credit principles, including but not limited to, Freight Forwarding, INCO terms, SWIFT requirements, and document preparation.
- Responsible for all documentary processes involving International Letters of Credit and Documents. Interface with 3rd party document preparers and educate customers on document requirements.
- Perform individually, or collaborate with AFSS in various areas, including:
- Review credit applications, ensure completeness, request additional information if required
- Analyze standard business and personal credit reports, request banking and vendor references, review financial statements and all other applicable credit sources to determine creditworthiness
- Prepares analysis and recommendations for increases and decreases of credit lines exceeding authority levels to senior management.
- Perform individually, or collaborate with AFSS in various areas, including:
- Manage order hold queue throughout the day, ensuring timely approval of new orders. Interface with stakeholders on the status of aged orders on hold
- Coordinate and prepare document packages to provide timely funding of global shipments (banking & shipping documents, invoices, etc.)
- Monitor all assigned accounts, contact customers with past due accounts in a bi-weekly manner, interface with stakeholders consistently on the status of delayed installations, missing documentation, and stagnant orders
- Work closely with the Senior Global Credit Manager and Sales Department on any accounts which do not pay timely, making every effort to minimize bad debt write-offs while utilizing appropriate measures (held orders, escalating verbal and written communications, outside collection agencies, legal counsel, etc.)
- During communications with customers, strive to increase customer understanding of Precor policies (payment terms, returns, credit, warranty, freight, etc.)
- Assists the Senior Global Credit Manager with system improvements, including implementation of new automation solutions
- Assists with department reporting, including weekly A/R metrics and cash forecasting
- Continually evaluate current processes with key stakeholders and make recommendations for improvement to senior management
- Liaise with AFSS team in a timely manner to investigate and resolve issues, including follow-up activities such as reconciliation of payment disputes, chargebacks, discounts, credit adjustments, write-offs, and refunds
- Assist Sales and Customer Service personnel in the problem resolution process as it relates to credit, collections, and disputes
- Maintain a database of customer credit histories
What We’re Looking For
In order to be successful in this role, you will have: Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- NACM credit certification preferred; CBA, CBF, CCE
- 5+ years of commercial credit, collections, and accounts receivable experience in a manufacturing or sales environment, with an emphasis on financial statement and credit analysis review
- Technical agility; system process improvement, always looking for a better way
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- SAP experience preferred, GetPaid experience a plus
Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Light physical effort in an office environment. Some lifting of parts/products may be required in the manufacturing areas
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Light physical effort in an office environment
- Moderate computer use / data entry
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
DISABILITY ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: email@example.com or call 425.486.9292 or 800.786.8404.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.