Global Credit & Collections Manager
Department: Finance Job Code: 8520
FLSA Status: Exempt Level/Schedule: 8B
Prepared By: Approved By: Terene Allred
POSITION SUMMARY AND SCOPE
The Global Credit & Collections Manager is responsible for overseeing all Precor credit and collections functions, and reports to the Precor Inc. Finance Director. The position is accountable for the entire credit granting and collection process, including the consistent application of credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers and the assessment of the credit worthiness of potential customers, with the goal of promoting sales and earnings growth and limiting bad debt losses; includes oversight and analysis of accounts receivable, aging of accounts and collection procedures.
Oversees the Precor Inc. Credit and Collections Department and is the key interface and coordinator with Amer Financial Shared Service (“AFSS”) I2C team and Amer credit and collections personnel located at the international subsidiaries. This position works closely with sales and accounting personnel, and communicates extensively with Precor’s dealer and customer network.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential Job Function
50% Customer Credit
• Takes a lead role to gain cooperation and resolve issues that impact receipt of timely payment or customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate month-end close activities related to accounts receivable.
• Evaluate potential new accounts, and establish credit availability limits for accounts that are approved.
• Continuously review the credit performance of customers, and periodically update their credit limits using established guidelines.
• Demonstrate flexibility and understanding performing collection efforts, while taking the steps necessary to ensure that cash flow and DSO goals are met.
20% Management of Credit Department
• Manages department personnel, setting objectives, assigning tasks, and administering performance reviews and feedback for team members.
• Organize, direct, and monitor process workflow among the department, cross-functionally and the shared service group to ensure process efficiency and internal / external customer satisfaction.
20% Credit Policies and Procedures
• Ensure that credit policies are in compliance with applicable legal standards, such as anti-trust and fair trade laws.
• Ensure that that appropriate legal safeguards are used, such as favorable credit application wording and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings.
• Ensure the use of available letter of credit or credit insurance for international transactions, if available at a favorable cost.
• Partner with internal departments as necessary to resolve business issues that may affect collection activities.
10% Continuous Improvement
• Actively pursue continuous improvement and ease of doing business to meet or exceed customer needs and to further overall company goals and objectives.
• Strives for excellence in credit & collection systems, processes, and tools.
Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting and or equivalent accounting work experience.
Experience and Skills:
• 5-7 years commercial credit and collection experience. Preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
• 3-5 years experience leading and managing a team.
• Strong initiative – Willingness to make change and drive accountability and productivity.
• Demonstrated experience in the ability to deal with ambiguity and focus on conflict resolution.
• Excellent time management and planning skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Must be reliable with strong organizational skills and solution-oriented philosophy.
• Basic accounting knowledge (terminology, coding).
• Working knowledge and hands-on experience using integrated ERP systems (SAP).
• Stay current with news and economic information and understand how that could impact our business and clients.
• Identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Escalate issues appropriately within the organization and ability to influence others to act accordingly.
• Develop strategies, action plans, and metrics to monitor results.
• Work in a team environment and interact effectively with customers, management and sales teams.
• Make effective and persuasive arguments to resolve collection issues.
• Effectively communicate ideas to a wide variety of people.
• Listen to others and appropriately act on information provided.
• Work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Use a variety of computer programs and systems, at an advanced level, including: SAP, Word, Excel, Email, Internet, databases, etc.).
• Customer Focus – Solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence.
• Accountability – Takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
• Teamwork – Actively assists to move the team toward the completion of goals
• Communication Skills – Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form. The Credit & Collections Manager represents Precor through verbal and written communication with Customers, Dealers, and Servicers. Communicate in a manner that maintains and strengthens long-term business relationships.
• Collaboration – Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
• Develop Others – Effectively manage and develop others
• Drive for Results- Develop strategies, action plans, and metrics to monitor results
Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Light physical effort in an office environment. Some lifting of parts / products may be required in the manufacturing areas.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Light physical effort in an office environment
• Moderate computer use / data entry
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.