Financial Services Analyst
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
WESCO is known for the best service and the best people, always going above and beyond to provide top-notch service to our customers. As a leading global provider of supply chain solutions, WESCO’s goal is to ensure that our customers have the products they need, when and where they need them — whether that is on a construction site or in a manufacturing plant. We back up those products with proven expert services that help companies increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, create safer workplaces, and achieve sustainability goals. If this is a culture you want to be a part of, we invite you to join WESCO, a place where inclusion and diversity is valued and continuous improvement is a way of life.
Under direct supervision, performs credit, accounts receivable and collections functions for a set of accounts within a branch or business unit. Responsible for maintaining professional relationships with internal and external contacts, including operations, sales and customers. Supports team to achieve cash flow and operating expense goals, including days sales outstanding, past due percentage, bad debt expense, etc. established by financial services leadership. Provides administrative support to financial services team.
· Monitors past due invoices and make a high-volume of collections contacts via phone, e-mail, or customer portals.
· Works with the customer to determine root cause of dispute for unpaid or short-paid invoices. Identifies and documents detailed reason.
· Performs customer account reconciliations, including research of unapplied cash, and credits and unearned discounts.
· Evaluates collectability of unearned cash discounts, finance charges, small dollar invoices, etc. and performs write-offs of uncollectable amounts within their level of authority.
· Obtains appropriate credit information to rate credit worthiness of new and existing accounts within assigned portfolio.
· Works cross-functionally with sales, operations, finance, contract administration, and customer master administration teams to gather and review documents, including purchase orders, credit applications,etc., and loads into contract tracking tool for approval by financial services management and partners.
· Reviews orders on credit hold by assessing credit worthiness of customers, including financial ratings, open invoices, in-process payments and backlog, and makes recommendations for order release to supervisor.
Accounts receivable, accounting, finance, supply chain or general business experience; 1 year required, 3 years preferred.
Knowledge of computer system applications: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word, and familiarity with an ERP platform (e.g., Oracle, DAX, AS400 etc.); high level of Excel knowledge preferred; 1 year required, 3 years preferred.
Commercial, business to business, credit and collection experience in a high volume environment; 1 year required, 3 years preferred.
Working with trade credit and other third parties (e.g., D&B, Experian, Equifax, NACM, CreditSafe) to obtain credit information; 1 year required, 3 years preferred.
Bachelors’ Degree in accounting, finance, supply chain or business preferred.
Associates’ Degree in accounting, finance, supply chain or business required.
Licenses/Certification/Designations: NACM or similar preferred.
Knowledge of computer system applications: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word, and familiarity with an ERP platform (e.g., Oracle, DAX, AS400 etc.); required. High level of Excel knowledge preferred.
Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with a positive disposition; required.
Reliable with strong organizational skills and solution-oriented philosophy; required.
Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; required.
Strong attention to detail with a passion for accuracy; required.
Willingness to accommodate temporary working hour changes as required by workflow; preferred.
Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate a willingness to accept new challenges; preferred.
· General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
· Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
· Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
· Employee required to problem-solve.
· Employee required to communicate with the public.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”
Click here, to Apply Now