- Location – ANCHORAGE, AK 99518, USA
Job Details and Description
Harnish Group Inc. is the Caterpillar Dealer in Central and Western Washington, Central and Eastern Montana, Northwestern Wyoming, Northwestern North Dakota and the state of Alaska. Our Member Companies are N C Machinery Co., N C The Cat Rental Store, N C Power Systems Co., Tractor & Equipment Co., T&E The Cat Rental Store, and SITECH Northwest Inc., representing Caterpillar and other manufacturers. We are a family owned and managed company with 1,100 employees. Our Mission is to help our customers succeed by providing premier business solutions delivered by engaged employees through teamwork and excellence.
We have an opening for a Regional Credit Specialist who will be a member of the N C Machinery Alaska Credit Team and supports our operations from Anchorage office. We are looking for a candidate skilled in relationship management and adept at resolving problems. What sets this position apart from a typical credit specialist role is our environment which promotes an individual to develop functional skills, apply expertise to a wide variety of operations and stretch capabilities. Our Credit Team is highly skilled, results-oriented and team-focused in meeting the business objectives. To be successful in this role, you will need to perform a variety of duties which include the following:
- Call on customers for the collection of accounts receivables.
- Provide financing support as necessary to credit manager
- Approve open accounts in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Research for additional information as needed to make sound credit decisions and recommendations to Regional Credit Manager.
- File pre-lien notices on accounts as called for per Company policy.
- Reconcile customer accounts and address these concerns with internal and external customers.
- Partner and coordinate with internal customers on credit questions, procedures or disputes.
Personal Attributes, Experience, and Education:
- The software you will be using is Microsoft Office products and web based credit search programs (Experian or Equifax).
- Professional, verbal and written communications skills are essential along with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- If you have previous credit/collection experience and with lien experience, you will quickly get acclimated to our business.
- Previous experience with Caterpillar Dealership or equivalent industry is a plus.
- Must have proven excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Self-directed, independent and a team player with strong initiative.
- High attention to detail with effective decision making and problem solving skills.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes salary, health benefits, vacation, sick leave, life insurance, 401(k) with profit sharing and company match. To apply for this unique position, please go to our web site at www.ncmachinery.com.
Susan Noel, PHR, SHRM-CP, Human Resources – email@example.com
Damon Wenz – firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Grisham – email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)