Under limited direction, performs accounting and administrative functions with a focus on credit and collections. Exercise independent judgment, discretion, and timeliness in order to enhance the effectiveness of the Kent Division as a whole.
• Perform collection calls and help monitor the daily credit queue.
• Send requested copies of invoices, proof-of-deliveries and statements.
• Enter customer payments, adjustments and assignments.
• Maintain and update customer master information accurately.
• Work with various parties in processing receivables including resolving discrepancies and verifying pricing.
• Verify freight bills and freight invoicing.
• Perform daily scanning, filing and other duties as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum two years experience in credit and collections or accounting preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and current versions of MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives. Customer service oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure while providing accurate output.
• Detail oriented, well-organized with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects.
• Approachable, flexible, and adaptable to change.
• Strong math skills.
• Ten key, typing and keyboarding by sight.
• Professional office environment.
• Necessity to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Regularly lift 10-20 lbs.
• Frequent use of basic office equipment (i.e. computer, mouse, telephone, copier, scanner, etc.).
• Ability to bend and stoop as necessary for filing.