Mervin Manufacturing home of Lib Tech, GNU, Roxy and Bent Metal is a leading designer and manufacturer of snowboarding, surfing and skateboarding products built at the world’s most environMENTAL factory by people who ride them. Mervin Manufacturing was founded by snowboarders Mike Olson and Pete Saari in 1977. In an industry where virtually every other snowboard, ski, skateboard, and surfboard company has moved production to China or offshore, Mervin is the longest running and last major board building factory in the USA. Based out of Carlsborg, Washington, between the rugged Olympic and Cascade Mountain Ranges, Mervin is a direct link between riding and manufacturing.
The Credit and Collections Specialist – International is responsible for assessing the credit risk and viability of potential and existing clients, through the use of financial analysis, credit reports and trade references. The position requires strong interpersonal skills and will work closely with Sales, Customer Service, and Finance teams.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review credit applications and setup new customers accounts
- Set and monitor account credit limits
- Request, monitor and adjust credit insurance limits for individual accounts
- Collect on delinquent account balances
- Monitor and schedule customer SEPA payments
- Research and resolve customer account disputes and discrepancies
- Review orders on credit hold and release after hold has been resolved
- Assist the Credit Manager in determining the financial risk of potential problems
- Provides recommendation to Credit Manager relating to accounts to be considered for collections or legal
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in Credit & Collection preferred
- Experience with trade credit insurance preferred
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent customer service and strong written/ verbal communication skills
- Windows operating environment and MS Office products (Excel and Word)
- Typical work week is 40+ hours in office
- Open office floorplan and casual environment
- This position is based in Seattle, WA.
Mervin Manufacturing has the right the modify or rescind the terms of employment. Terms of employment are contingent upon successful completion of:
- A background check
- Reference checks
- All requirement to establish the legal right to work in the United States (I-9 Verification)
- Executing other employment-related agreements, like non-competes, non-disclosures, non-solicitations, and others.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org at www.mervin.com
Employment at Mervin Manufacturing is at-will. We are also an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.