STEELER, INC. – SEATTLE, WA
Steeler, Inc. is a family owned business with an entrepreneurial environment where you can build your career in a place that will help you meet your professional goals. We have been in business for over 40 years and are proud of the products we provide. We are a versatile manufacturer of steel framing and a distributor of drywall supplies and construction materials.
Currently looking for a Credit Assistant to contribute to the effective operation of the Credit Department by performing tasks related to maintaining sales tax certificates by state as required by law. Assist with coordination of customer payments; communicate with customers, sales staff, billing and other departments to resolve customer issues. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Key support function for the Credit Manager that will help in administration of credit policy and procedures.
- Maintain sales tax certificates by state,
- -Will help support collection efforts by calling customers on past due balances or discrepancies.
- Communicate with sales, branches and other departments within the company to resolve customer issues.
- Job Qualifications:
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
- Advanced working knowledge of credit and collection concepts within the construction arena. Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Superb customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks while meeting and exceeding deadlines.
- Familiar with state tax laws.
- Working knowledge of computers, advanced knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Assisting credit department as needed which may include, but not be limited to:
- Credit hold releases
- Credit application processing
- Account set-up
- Customer account maintenance
- Collection calls
- Processing credit references
- Reseller permit maintenance by State
- Process Lien Releases by State
- Miscellaneous duties may include scanning, shredding, filing, mailing, etc.
- Provides a high level of service to the sales team and other internal customers
We offer a full benefits package of medical, dental and vision. 401(k) plan with 50% company match. Paid sick, paid vacation, paid holidays etc.
Please respond with current resume to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
* High school or equivalent