The key responsibility of the Credit Analyst is to provide underwriting services using automated approval processes, and exposure control support, to the MidCon, East Coast, and other US small commercial and industrial (“C&I”) businesses. Additionally, the Credit Analyst will assist the collections function to effectively collecting past due monies. This will be accomplished by adhering to and following defined credit and collection policies and procedures, under the supervision of the VP Credit and Risk, while working collaboratively with sales, operations, marketing, credit and risk, and other key stakeholders. The key objective of the Credit Analyst will be to facilitate business objectives while prudently managing risk.
- Utilizing the Auto-Approve technology, approve credit limits of small C&I customers. Review and approve, where prudent, kick-outs from the Auto-Approve technology. Pass off to C&I underwriters any requests that cannot be approved suing the Auto-Approve technology and reports.
- Using aging reports and over-limit reports, manage customer exposures to acceptable levels, considering WFS tolerance for risk as a guideline. Collaborate with collections and sales to determine which accounts should be placed on credit hold, and which can be allowed to exceed established limits. In cases where customers are allowed to exceed established limits, set parameters of allowance to exceed limits.
- Collaborate with collections and sales to collect past due monies, or manage past due accounts.
- Collaborate with sales to insure that customer payment terms are appropriate to the payment practices of the customer, considering credit limit usage, profit margins, and other financial/risk measures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in analytically and/or research intense roles, in commercial credit related areas
•BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or Business preferred but not required
•Excellent analytical experience and keen attention to detail
•Strong computer/software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
•Solid business judgment including a good grasp of techniques to analyze and make decisions based upon credit rating agency reporting.
•Customer service oriented
To apply please go to the following link: https://intelliapp2.driverapponline.com/c/assocpetnd?uri_b=ia_assocpetnd_1603092843
Associated Petroleum Products|World Fuel Services
2320 Milwaukee Way
Tacoma, WA 98421