||The Lynden Inc. Collections Specialist will perform collections functions for multiple operating companies in a shared service environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensures timely collection of receivables through established communication standards
• Provides high level of customer service in resolving customer issues, billing disputes, account reconciliations, and other customer requests
• Assists in coordinating the monthly dunning letter program
• Researches credit balances and requests refunds
• Negotiates payment arrangements when necessary
• Utilizes web-based billing and payment portals for account reconciliation
• Documents all collection activity into appropriate systems to established standards
• Ability to manage and organize multiple deadlines, phone calls, emails, and paper correspondence
• Works independently and takes ownership of small tasks
• Collaborates effectively with team, management, other departments, and the operating companies
• Communicates effectively, both verbal and written, with customers, team, and management
• Understands impacts of economic news to company and/or customers
• Assists credit department with periodic review of existing customers’ credit limits
• Calculates and reports on department metrics to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of processes
||QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
2+ years of credit & collections experience desired. Minimum of AA degree in business-related subject(s) desired. Must have demonstrated customer service skills, be self-motivated and possess the ability to work in a team environment. Transportation industry experience a plus. Familiarity with all current Credit & Collections laws and requirements is desired.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts and recognize patterns such as currency translation, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Language & Communication Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond professionally to common inquiries or complaints from customers, vendors, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to speak clearly and produce quality written communications. Ability to effectively present information to top management. Ability to understand target audience and tailor communications accordingly. Must genuinely enjoy working with customers.
Time Management & Organizational Skills
Must possess the ability to prioritize one’s own tasks, adapt to new information and situations, and be self-motivated to manage your time effectively. Requires a high level of organization in both managing time and tasks, but the flexibility to adjust either as needed. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitasking several priorities at once.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Successful candidate must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and understanding of intermediate functions such as pivot tables, v-lookups, filters, grouping, etc. Working PC knowledge and experience required. Must have the ability to use and troubleshoot a variety of machines such as copiers, scanners, telephones, etc. Experience with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.) and customer payment portals (Syncada, Cass, Accenture, etc.) are a plus.
Employee must be able to type 35 wpm and operate 10 key by touch. Employee must be flexible to work alone or as part of a team under pressure of deadlines or business volume increases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to talk and hear while communicating with customers, vendors, and coworkers by telephone, email or in person. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of equipment, office products, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus while entering data, answering phones and monitoring office environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance and timeliness expected within the flexibility of a hybrid work environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.