Zonar is looking for a skilled and motivated Collections Specialist to join our Credit and Collections team. This new role reports directly to the Credit and Collections Manager. This role includes performing daily collections, analysis, and credit reviews while focusing on work with strategic accounts. This role requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable working within a dynamic environment with rapid changes in requirements and direction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for collection of all past due balances on assigned customer accounts, initiating appropriate contact via phone, e-mail, and vendor portal, with appropriate follow up to ensure timely payment
- Identify and research disputed items preventing or delaying payment, working with customer service and sales as needed to reconcile accounts and to reduce overall delinquency
- Monitor and reconcile assigned key accounts coordinating with other internal teams correctly to get resolution
- Maintain excellent customer service internally and externally
- Reviewing orders on ship block for assigned accounts
- Assist in the credit review process
- Assist in making sure payments are applied per customers remits and to monitor pre-payments on specified accounts
- Interface with the sales team on a regular basis regarding the status of high risk or problem accounts
- Assist in maintaining departmental goals
- Special projects as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR TEAM
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in collections, credit, or accounts receivable
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Experience with Navision (NAV) or another ERP system(s) preferred
- Experience with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work towards, and achieve, scheduled deadlines
- Strong computer skills, with an above average knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Strong attention to detail and general accounting knowledge
- Thorough understanding of credit and collections principles and laws
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and processes
- Able to function in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- NACM certifications are a plus
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Zonar has a proven history of continuous innovation on behalf of our customers, providing products that efficiently and easily track commercial fleets and assets, streamline reporting and significantly increasing safety while saving cost. Leveraging a portfolio of 150+ patents, we are building upon these data and related analytics services to create the next generation of software and services for the 15M target customers in the US alone.
Headquartered in Seattle and majority-owned by technology company Continental, Zonar also has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle, a regional office in Cincinnati, and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. Our culture is based on ingenuity, leadership, teamwork, excellence, passion, integrity, and fun! Our company has grown to over 350 employees who are goal-oriented and fast-paced, but understand the importance of having a healthy work life balance. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, growing, innovative company, make a big impact on a rapidly evolving space, and have fun along the way!
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.