Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 DOE
This position is responsible for managing the daily activities of the assigned AR collection portfolio (General Market and/or Key accounts) within approved corporate guidelines under the direction of the assigned Manager/Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned employees and collection portfolio to meet yearly department and team goals
- Provide daily leadership, coaching and direction to all staff.
- Complete and provide performance reviews or disciplinary actions.
- Hiring and coordinate training of employees ensuring they know company and department processes, procedures, and policies.
- Monitors and assures any workflow established by department is working effectively, reports problems, escalates timely, provide constructive feedback that helps maintain the workflow assigned areas.
- Fosters and builds relationships with internal and external teams for a unified customer approach, cross cooperation and takes opportunity to deep dive and determine root cause issues.
- Ensure Credit limit review phone and email coverage during assigned time noon to 6:30pm
- Provide support and additional reporting to bring focus on department and company objectives.
- Respond timely and accurately to internal and external inquiries and escalations.
- Reviews account portfolios with collection team to ensure customer payments are being made within terms of sale, within compliance regulations.
- Validate use of collection flag or assist on issues requiring escalation before they are forwarded to Credit Manager.
- Auditing and/or processing requests submitted for write off, allocation, adjustment (customer refunds, final demands, credit cards, etc.)
- Coordinate update to department procedures as needed.
- Participate in AR testing criteria for new releases and company changes (eoStar, EDI, SharePoint, system migrations, etc.)
- Support any audit requests.
- Other tasks, projects, duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, time-management and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of Credit and Collection procedures and performance metrics
- Strong Knowledge of accounting principles, Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Troubleshoot problems and issues that arise, find root cause and coordinate fix.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- 5 years’ experience in credit and collection field and supervisory experience
- Flexibility for coverage of assigned duties
- Willingness to learn other company processes to coordinate efficient ways of working
- Take ownership of duties assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Phone calls required, must be able to talk and hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and uses hands and fingers to operate a keyboard, and a mouse. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.
Apply online at Accounts Receivable Supervisor | Odom Job Openings (ultipro.com)
Requisition Number: ACCOU007780